Know the details of new Rs 50 notes
RBI will shortly issue new banknotes of Rs 50 denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. A RBI press release has informed that the base colour of the new notes will be fluorescent blue and its dimension will be 66 mm x 135 mm.
It will have a motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage along with the Swachh Bharat logo, year of printing, numeral 50 in devnagiri and the language panel.
The banknote will bear the signature of RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel on the front side along with the guarantee and promise clause and the RBI emblem.
It will have Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait at the Centre and a see through register with enominational numeral 50. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’ and Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right will also feature on the front side.
The security thread will have inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI. The number panel will have numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
RBI has clarified that all banknotes in 50 rupee denomination issued in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
1. See through register with denominational numeral 50,
2. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
14. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 135 mm.